New York Firefighters

by Anthony and Airon From Cleveland

Firefighters are my hero because they helped a lot of people. They risked their lives to save others. Many died to help save the heartache of those who could have perished. Many of those Firefighters had families of their own to go to.

The quick response of the Department played a major role in saving lives. Seconds counted during this tragic event. While the terrorist had a "good time," our heroes were hard at work. These are some very brave people.

Honestly I don't know if I could have done that. I don't know if I could have walked into a building that I know would have collapsed any second. That would take a lot of heart. I'm sure all of those men and women overcame their fear and walked inside of that building.

The Firefighters weren't the only heroes on and throughout the days following 9-11. But in my opinion they were the bravest. I respect everyone in participation of the search and rescue crew, but those Firefighters get the most.

In the course of the events of 9-11, I've realized that the US isn't as safe as everyone thought. With the Fire Department hard at work I feel as safe as I think I ever can again. So I would just like to thank the FDNY for all of their services and on behalf of Cleveland, Ohio... THANK YOU!

FDNY Online - Homepage of the FDNY