Mike Krzyzewski

by Avery from North Carolina

Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Google)
Coach Mike Krzyzewski (Google)

Coach Mike Krzyzewski is my hero. He was and still is a very talented basketball coach. He has been coaching backetball at Duke University for 28 years. Mike Krzyzewski has made an NCAA-record 69 NCAA tournament victories, while winning more than 25 games per season!

Mike Krzyzewski, is the son of two Polish Immigrants. Coach K has also been an active community leader and a giver to charaties. In the autumn of 2005, Coach K and his family celebrated the opening of the Emily Krzyzewski Family Life Center, a community center named in honor of his late mother. While most of the center's funding was raised through private out of town donations, grassroots fundraising also contributed to the center. Krzyzewski is often seen wearing a Duke for Life bracelet.

Coach K has been the coach at Duke University for 28 years. The Duke University Blue Devils and the University of North Carolina have a very strong rivalry. Coach K has a big responsibility preparing his team for the big game: The Battle of the Blues. Coach K has to prepare long and hard for the game. For Duke it is one of the biggest games we have. The game is for bragging rights and the feeling of a lifetime for beating your most fierce opponent.

My Hero is the Duke University Blue Devils Men's basketball coach. Born Febuary 13, 1947 in Chicago, Illinois. He has been the coach of the national team of the U.S. since 2005. He has lead Duke to 3 NCAA Championships, 10 Final 4's and 10 ACC Championships over a 28 year period at Duke.