Firefighters and Policeman

by Laura from Houston

"Bravery is the absence of Courage"

I have met many brave people in my life. I believe the bravest people in the world are firefighters and policeman. They are family to one another. A firefighter risk his life to save other lives. A policeman keeps the world safe.

A few years ago I got meet some NYPD policeman after 9/11 while on a short trip to New York. They waved to me while protecting us by telling us where to go when visiting Ground Zero.

I then waved my hand at a working firefighter and he smiled at me. I am so thankful that we have everyday heroes like firefighters and policeman. I am grateful for the everyday deeds that they do to make our lives better.

My local policeman protect me each day is a small town called Brenham. I would like to thank the Brenham Police and Firefighter Department. I would like to thank them for also giving their time so that I could make it home safely. For letting me also be able to meet all of you, I was so honored.

I also would like to thank the policeman and fireman where I live, the HPD and HFD for letting me live a normal life as possible. For coming to my aid when I needed them. Thank you for being my heroes.

Heroes can be everyday people just doing their job. Heroes can be everyday people. We are all heroes to someone.

Hero - Honoring everyday heroes