Johnny Appleseed

by Matthew from Glenview

Johnny Appleseed
My Hero, Johnny Appleseed (By: Matthew)
My Hero, Johnny Appleseed (By: Matthew)

Look out, here comes Johnny Appleseed! Johnny Appleseed was the greatest. Johnny Appleseed was a hero. He was a hero because he planted apple trees so the pioneers could eat well. He was also friendly with animals. Johnny Appleseed helped the lives of the pioneers and animals and that is why he is a hero.

First of all, Johnny Appleseed is the greatest because he helped the pioneers eat healthy. Eating means you don`t starve. For example he sold apples so they could make a lot of things with them like apple butter, apple sauce and more. Johnny Appleseed helped the pioneers eat with his apples.

Next, Johnny lived in the wilderness but none of the animals harmed him because Johnny also helped them by giving them some of his apples. One time he found a wolf caught by Brokenstraw River and he set him free. Even the animals knew Johnny was a good man. He helped a lot of animals. He never hunted them. He was a hero to the animals.

Therefore, Johnny Appleseed was a hero because he helped the pioneers live and he was friendly with animals. Johnny Appleseed was the greatest hero.

The MY HERO Gallery - For Matthew's crayon portrait of his hero, pioneer botanist Johnny Appleseed.