Joannie Rochette

by Josie from Calgary

Your fans will always be there for you know you need to be there for them.
Also it's good to be skating without pressure and be able to skate more freely.
Joannie Rochette web  (I made it on Inspiration (I did))
Joannie Rochette web (I made it on Inspiration (I did))

My hero's name is Joannie Rochette. Joannie is a Professional and Olympic figure skater. I chose her for my hero because she has had a very rough life since the Olympics. Also she's a really nice and caring girl and is supportive of her teammates. She helps others and doesn't think about herself often. She is also a really good sport.

Joannie Rochette portrait  (I drew it  (I did))
Joannie Rochette portrait (I drew it (I did))

Joannie is an only child. She was born in Montreal, Quebec. She was born January 13, 1986. She started skating when she was 22 months old, but she started figure skating when she was 6. Her mom's name was Therese. Her dad's name is Normand. Her mother died just a few hours after arriving in Vancouver to watch her daughter compete in the 2012 Winter Olympics. She put her bronze medal on her mother's casket and left it there for quite some time. Joannie is 5 feet and 2 inches. She has no kids. Joannie's favourite colour is red and she collects stuffed animals.

Joannie Rochette action picture (I drew it (I did))

Joannie was in the 2010 Winter Olympics and won a bronze medal in women's figure skating. She won silver at the 2003 Canadian championships. She competed in the Canadian competition in 2000. Since she won the Canadian competition, she got to go to the World Championships. Joannie competed in the Winter Olympics in 2006 and won 10th place for her team. She went to the 2003 World Ice Dance competition. Joannie has been in the Canadian Stars on Ice tour since 2006. She was in the Canadian skating Championships. In 2000, she was also in the 2001 Canadian Skating Championships. One of her biggest accomplishments was that she won the Terry Fox award in 2010. At her first competition, she won a ribbon for second place. In 2004, she won a fourth place in Britain. Wow, she's won many medals!

Joannie is a great, heroic person. She says that your fans are always there for you, now you need to be there for them. She also says it's good to be skating without pressure and be able to perform more freely.She is the best Canadian figure skater there. If I could meet her, it would be the best day of my life.

Joannie rochette - Joannies personal website
Wikipedia - Joannie's history
Joannie and olympics - A french describtion of her
Joannie after life - Joannie after life