Rosannagh MacLennan

by Megan from Calgary

Rosannagh's favorite quote:
"I learned that courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.
The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid but the one who conquers that fear."
- Nelson Mandela -
A web I made of Rosannagh MacLennan. (I made this picture. (I made it on Inspiration.))

Why I Chose Her:  I chose Rosannagh MacLennan because she is an Olympic gold medalist trampoline and tumble gymnast. That is important to me because I just recently went into competitive T&T (tramp and tumble). I really think she is a great example to young gymnasts by showing them to shoot for the stars! She is an intelligent lady and is really inspiring, she is also very courageous and that's why I chose Rosie (Rosannagh) MacLennan.

A portrait of Rosannagh MacLennan (I drew this picture. (Megan))

Rosannagh's Life: Rosie is from King City, Ontario, and was born on August 28th 1988. She grew up there as the smallest and the youngest. Although she was so small she always proved that she was just as good as the other kids by starting so many sports at a young age including swimming, rowing, and skiing. Rosie went to a university called the University of Ontario and got a Bachelor of Science degree. Her grandfather was selected for the 1940 Olympics in Tokyo, but the Olympics were cancelled due to World War II. Rosie has two older brothers, Matt and Michael, and an older sister Kate.

Rosannagh MacLennan (I drew this picture. (Megan))

Rosannagh's Accomplishments: Rosannagh's main accomplishment was being the first Canadian to place 1st in the 2012 London Olympics! Rosie has also made it to many World Championships and won them 8 times! In the World Championships Rosie has won 1 gold, 5 silvers, and 4 bronze. Rosie won them with her partner Karen Cockburn in 2006 and in 2007. Rosie and Karen currently hold the world record for difficulty for female synchronized trampoline with a DD (difficulty level) of 14.20! Since they dominated the competition in 2007, Rosie qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. In the 2008 Beijing Olympics Rosie qualified 3rd for finals and ended up in 7th. Also in 2007 Rosie came in second at the Good Luck Beijing International Invitational Tournament. In 2007 at the Pan American Games, Rosie won silver and at the same competition in 2011 she won first!

Rosie is a really inspiring person and I chose her not only because of that but for many other reasons too! I would really like to be like Rosie when I grow up. I'm so proud of Canada for getting that gold and it's all thanks to Rosannagh MacLennan!

Give Your Everything Canadian Olympic Team - Rosannagh MacLennan Olympics
National Post | Canadian News, Financial News and Opinion - Canada’s first London 2012 Olympics gold comes from Rosannagh Maclennan in trampoline
The Spec - MacLennan’s gold highlights three-medal performance for Canada
Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Globe and Mail. - Video: Canada's Olympic golden girl Rosannagh MacLennan credits teammate for triumph - The Globe and Mail