International Day of Surfing

Held on the 3rd Saturday of June, the holiday is a celebration of surfing and ocean protection.

Film

Surfrider Foundation

By: Amanda Molinaro from Irvine
Surfrider Foundation is dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world's oceans, waves and beaches.

Eco-Warriors: Guardians of Surf

Produced by:James Pribram
Activist Surfer makes a difference in protecting the ocean.

J A Bullard: Surf Cinematographer

Produced by:Andy Alison
Andy Alison inherited a treasure trove of surfing history from his grandfather, J. A. Bullard.

Surfer's Healing

Produced by:Jack Winter
A non-profit gives autistic children a chance to shine by taking them surfing for the first time!

The Women and the Waves 2 [Trailer]

Heather Hudson
“The Women and the Waves 2” is a documentary surf film that celebrates women and their unique approach to surfing and life. The film looks at the state of surfing today from a feminine perspective and features positive role models that give back to people and the planet.

Plastic Plague

Producer: Jody Lemmon
Plastic pollution is threatening the ocean's ecosystems, but we can work together to prevent further damage!

The Surfrider Club

Producer: Wendy Milette
Created through the MY HERO Global Exchange US workshop. Honoring the LBHS Surfrider Club for helping keep Laguna safe.

Ride A Wave

Producer: Rocky Romano
Ride a Wave creates special days for kids with special needs.

Stories

Eddie Ryan Aikau

By: KaWoHiKuKaPuLaNi PeLeKaI
"Eddie Would Go!"

Soul Surfing: Laurel Eastman

By: Vanessa Schnaidt<br><h4>Reprinted courtesy of the<br> <a href="http://www.wo...
Soul Surfing: Laurel Eastman is a kiteboarder committed to finding ways in which sport and the environment can exist in harmony.

Duke Kahanamoku

By: Kainoa from Pukalani, Hawaii

Bethany Hamilton

By: Sarah from Palmer, Massachusetts

Kelly Slater

By: Preston from Mission Viejo, California
"Surfing, alone among sports, generates laughter at its very suggestion, and this is because it turns not a skill into an art, but an inexplicable and useless urge into a vital way of life." - Matt Warshaw

Tim Dicus

By: Philip from Sycamore Jr. High

Imagine this! You are on your surfboard, waiting for the perfect wave when suddenly you hear a loud scream. You look to see where it is coming from and you see a young girl’s body face down in the water with a shadow of a shark right beside her. What do you do? 

Artwork

Surf Sunset

By: Riley McMahon, USA

Surf solitude

By: Blakely of Laguna Beach High School
a good wave makes any day better

Purple Tube Sponges

By: Jim Dean
Vibrant color and form at Vaerssenbaai, Curacao.

Mushroom Forest

By: Jim Dean
Mushroom coral, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Western Caribbean.

Organizer created on 6/18/2010 10:50:24 AM by Jeanne Meyers

Last edited 6/21/2019 1:12:39 PM by Xenia Shin