Tony Hawk

by Stephanie from New Mexico

Tony landing a handstand on his board (internet)

- A hero is a person who is determined to try anything whether they succeed or not. They are a very caring, respectful person. My hero is Tony Hawk, a pro sk8er. I chose Tony because he is an inspiration to me and others because he started sk8ing when he was young and all his hard work and trying has paid off. Now he is one of the world's best sk8ers and was given the name “Legendary Tony Hawk”.

- Tony Hawk was born on May 12, 1968 in San Diego, California. He's a professional skateboarder, and started when he was young after playing little league baseball. He practiced very hard and was the first ever to land a 900 skating trick in the air. He would enter skate competitions and win almost every one of them, that’s how good he was getting.

(internet)
(internet)

- Tony Hawk is a legend, inspiration, and one of the world’s best sk8ers. He is not your average hero, he didn’t save lives, but he did give people strength to show everyone you can do what you want to do as long as you try your best to accomplish and fulfill your dreams.

(internet)
(internet)

- Tony Hawk has a wife Erin, and he has 3 sons: Riley, Spencer, and Keegan. Keegan started sk8ing on a mini-board when he was just one year old. As for Tony, he began when he was nine years old. His first board was given to him by his older brother Steve and he decided to quit little league baseball and start sk8ing.

(internet)
(internet)

- The reason I chose Tony Hawk for my hero is because he is a professional sk8er and a role model to many people. All his struggling and trying has left him in his fame and that is everyone’s dream to be remembered for what you have done best. There are people who share the same dream but it will only happen if you believe in yourself and others will have faith in you to push you up to the top. Not all work is paid in fame and glory but the only important thing is to try. That is one of the things that any hero will say to people that are very inspired. Tony Hawk will go down in history for doing what he is good at. - Tony Hawk has given me hope and patience because I love to sk8 and plan to be very good someday like Tony, and this is why Tony Hawk is my inspirational Hero.