E.B. White

by Rose from DuBois

"You have to tell the truth. Wrong ain't never going to win nothing."
E.B. White (princeton.edu)
E.B. White (princeton.edu)

“It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.” Once said by E.B. White. In “Biography Today,” I did research about E.B. White, my hero.

Most every hero starts out in a normal life. E.B. White was born on July 11, 1899 in Mount Vernon, New York. His parents are, Samuel Tilly and Jessie Hart White. E.B. White was not an only child. He had six older siblings; he was the youngest in his family. E.B White was the type of hero that came from a normal life. When he grew up he got married to Katharine Angell. She already had kid before was got married to E.B White, then they had one kid together.

E.B. White (deborahhalverson.com)
E.B. White (deborahhalverson.com)

E.B. White went to Mount Vernon High, for high school. E.B. White was very smart. He got a scholarship for $1,000, to go to Cornell University. When E.B. White was in school World War 1 entered, so he went to Army Training Corps. Before he could go to war, the war was over. E.B. White was brave enough to go to war and fight.

E.B. White was famous for many children’s books. He has very many books, but the one I’m naming is Charlotte’s Web. If you have read one of his books then you know that he is a very good writer. The New Yorkers agreed in 1926, because his literary journal became one of the most influential of the 20th century. E.B. White was a great writer and he was awarded for his work.

As you can see, E.B. White had a big family that loved him. He went to high school and college. Lastly he got a good job as a writer.