Allen Iverson

by Ting from Taipei, Taiwan

My hero is Allen Iverson, who is a superstar in the NBA. He has played basketball in the NBA for seven years. Iverson is one of the fastest players in the NBA, and he has amazing dribbling skills. He is unbeatable when he is playing basketball. He enterd the NBA when he was 20 years old. He was afraid of no one although he was very young. Even when he played against Michael Jordan, who was the best player in the NBA, I still didn't detect a bit of fear from Allen Iverson, which reminded me of his motto, "On that court, I respect no one." I was very impressed when he said that.

He plays every game as hard as he can so that he will have no regret, the attitude when he plays basketball is very heart-stirring. I hope I can be just like him, doing everything with all my heart. Iverson is only 180 cm tall, but he's got a small body with a big heart. He has also done a lot of charity work to help the poor children, because he was very poor as a child. He had a hard childhood; his father left the family in his early childhood, so he really understands the desolation of the poor.

He was born in Jun 7, 1975 , his mother gave birth to him when she was only 16 years old. His father left them in his early childhood. Without his father, Iverson got to work when he was very young so that they could have food to eat, clothes to wear. After he attended Bethel Senior High school, he began to love football and basketball. He played basketball and football every day after school. He soon became the superstar on Bethel Senior High School's football and basketball teams.

Iverson had his share of trouble in his high school years. But that couldn't keep me from admiring Allen Iverson, I want to be a basketball player just like Allen Iverson, who plays every game with all his heart, and never gives up .