Jackie Robinson

by Andre J. from Montvale, New Jersey in United States

Andre Joukhadarian                                                                                                  Transitions

12-20-18                    Hero Essay: Jackie Robinson

Can you imagine the world of baseball only having people of one skin color play in it? That’s what it would be like without Jackie Robinson. He is a true hero to baseball and the entire world for breaking the color barrier of baseball forever. He fits the definition of a hero because he has helped other people around the world forever by breaking the color barrier of baseball forever. To understand what a true hero he is you’ll need to know his background and accomplishments.

Throughout Jackie Robinson’s life it was a very ordinary life in the beginning. Jackie Robinson was born on January 31, 1919 in Cairo, Georgia as the youngest of 5 with one sister and three brothers. First, after Jackie’s birth his dad left forever. Next, about one year after Jackie’s birth, they all moved to Pasadena, California except for his dad because he left earlier. As Jackie grew up he wanted to play sports because one of his older brothers, Mack was a Silver Medal holder in a 200 meter dash. Jackie ended up doing exactly that and soon after, he started baseball, also in the time that Jackie was in high school. As a result, he ended up making that his career.

Jackie Robinson has done many unique things in his lifetime. One thing that he’s done is he served in the army for World War 2. Something that happened while he was there was he almost got fired from the army. First, before the Major Leagues he played for the Monarchs, a team for black people until he was called by the Brooklyn Dodgers. He played for them in 1947. Because of this, he was the first African-American to play in Major Leagues. Ever since then Jackie Robinson has broken the color barrier of baseball forever by being as determined as he was.

Jackie Robinson has helped baseball and the world forever. He fits the definition of a hero because he has helped other people around the world forever by breaking the color barrier of baseball forever. Because you know his background and accomplishments you should understand how much of a hero he is and why he fits the definition of a hero. Every time you see a baseball game just remember that Jackie Robinson helped make it possible.

Source(s)

Ducksters.com