Jeff Fowler

by Jonathan Carvalho from Newark, California in United States

Jonathan Carvalho

Mr. Ingham

Video Communication and Production

28 February, 2020

Famous Filmmaker

Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino, and Alfred Hitchcock are all known for being some of the best film directors ever known. It wouldn't be fair for me to compare them to any normal film director, but I do believe someone with the name of Jeff Fowler belongs with them. Jeffrey Fowler was born on July 27, 1978, and his current age is 41. He grew up in a town called Normal, Illinois, and he went to Ringling College of Art and Design.

Jeff Fowlers first film wasn’t even an actual film, but instead a short movie. That short movie is called “Gopher Broke.” It received an award for best animated short film and was deemed his best and only work. He later went back to make another short film called “A Gentlemen's Duel.” It was not as widely received as his other short film. His greatest piece was actually his latest work and his first theatrical debut.

The art style his films tend to be part of is 3d animation. His films also tend to all be comedies meant for children or families. These films may not seem like much, but they're actually really important, especially for people who want to be filmmakers. They act as a way for upcoming new filmmakers to get an example of perfect 3d animated movies.

The newest and first fully fledged movie that Jeff created is “Sonic The Hedgehog.” This movie quickly broke the record of best video game-inspired movie the day it was released. This isn’t just a movie about the Sonic The Hedgehog games, but instead it is a movie with its own story and characters, except for a few from the games. In multiple scenes there are little secrets hidden in the background, and sometimes some are said aloud, to pay homage to the original series. For example, there is a scene where Sonic is jumping in the air with a pose that is very reminiscent of a pose he does in the very famous video game called Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. The lighting and camera angles make everything feel like it could be in a video game but also make it look good and new enough to be its own thing.

This artist is important because he went from making very casual short films to making a movie that destroyed the box office in a single night. I chose this filmmaker simply because of his new movie. From what the trailers showed, it seemed like the movie was going to be a total failure, but it was instead a movie that I actually loved and decided to research for this project. This research led me to Jeff Fowlers' other pieces of work, and I have to say that they were actually really good but predictable.

IMDb - Jeff Fowler's IMDb link