Jeff Kinney

by Yashica from Edmonton, Canada

Jeff Kinney

Jeff Kinney was born on February 19 in 1971 in Maryland he went to the University of Maryland. He spent most of his childhood in Washington, D.C. then moved to New England in 1995. He now lives in Massachusetts with his wife Julie and his two sons, Grant and Will. They own a bookstore called An Unlikely Story.

Jeff Kinney is a famous author that writes the Diary Of The Wimpy Kid books. They are about a kid named Greg Heffley and his life in middle school, and is the creator of Poptropica. This author has won two Children’s Choice Award and six Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award for favorite book. His books weren’t that successful in the beginning, he started out writing comic strips in the university newspaper called Igdoof. They got published there but none of them would get published in the city when he was done with university. That’s when he got the idea for the Diary Of A Wimpy Kid in 1998. He worked on the book for eight years before sending it off to publish online at fun.brain.com. In 2006 he signed a multi book deal with Harry N. Abrams, Inc, a publisher. They together made Diary Of A Wimpy Kid a print series and got published in 2007 and became an instant bestseller.

Jeff is my hero because his books are hilarious and if you want to read something without stopping to read long words, and you want to laugh, that is a perfect book. His books are also easy to relate to because there are no special powers, there’s just a regular kid living a regular middle school life.

wimpykid.com - about the author