J.K. Rowling

by Madison Fitzgerald from Edmonton, Canada

J.K. Rowling is a British author at age 52. Her series, Harry Potter has made 7.7 billion dollars and helped her become the 9th best author in the world. She has made 7 Harry Potter books and 8 movies. She was asked to star in a part of the movie but she said that she was “not cut out to be an actress because she’d mess-up somehow.”

124302J.K.RowlingFamous Biographies  

Though she was a great author and director she went through depression in her 20’s. Her first marriage gave in at 2 years. She moved to Portugal to teach English and gave birth to her daughter, Jessica. J.K. Rowling started convincing herself that something would happen to her 2 year old. “ It was almost a surprise to me every morning to see her alive. I kept expecting her to die.” She also had to go through her mother's death on December 30, 1990. She died after 10 years of suffering from multiple sclerosis. 

Even if she got divorced, afraid her daughter would die and suffered the death of her mother she has got through it. So next time you feel down, just think of J.K. Rowling and how she got through it. Grab a pen and piece of paper and get through.        

Madi F.