Jon Bon Jovi

by Dino from Dublin

My definition of a hero is someone who has, in some way, helped the world, whether that be donating food to a charity or just being kind to someone. Some characteristics that I think a hero should have is helpful, persistent, humility, and precise.

Jon Bon Jovi is my hero.

Jon Bon Jovi was born in Perth Amboy, New Jersey on March 2nd, 1962. His parents were John Francis Bongiovi Sr. and Carol Sharkey. He had two brothers, Arthur and Matthew. Jon Bon Jovi spent most of his time in his childhood skipping school to go and participate in musical activities and to play in a band.  He is married to Dorothea Hurley and has four kids. His occupation is a lead singer in the band ‘Bon Jovi’ and his real name is John Francis Bongiovi Jr.

Jon Bon Jovi shows the trait of being persistent by not giving up when something goes wrong or doesn't go the way he wanted it to. For example back in June, 1982, Jon Bon Jovi and his band recorded the song “Runaway”. Jon Bon Jovi then tried to get into a recording studio to try and make his song public but multiple studios turned him down. Instead of giving up Jon Bon Jovi went to a local radio station and the song was accepted on an album that showed local musical talent. “Runaway” was an instant local hit. Jon Bon Jovi also shows the trait of being helpful by participating in donating to multiple charities and creating multiple restaurants that are pay-what-you-can meaning that you can pay by doing work or you can pay with money. He also created The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation in 2006 which helps families or individuals battling economic despair.

Another trait Jon Bon Jovi has is humility. Jon Bon Jovi never brags about his money or fame, instead he uses that money and fame to help other people like the things I listed for the trait helpful. The last trait Jon Bon Jovi has is precision. He must have precision everyday, all the time so he does not screw up on a song recording or live show because he and his band could lose money.

In conclusion Jon Bon Jovi is my hero because of his 1) sick and awesome music and 2) how he has really helped the world with his organizations and donations. He has also inspired me with his great songs and I hope someday I will be like him. I hope you have enjoyed my Hero Project and hopefully you learned about Jon Bon Jovi. Thanks for reading!