Karlie Kloss

by Victoria Su from Taipei in Taiwan

If you believe in yourself and feel confident in yourself, you can do anything. I really believe that.    - Karlie Kloss

134603Karlie Klosshttps://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/a26236158/karlie-kloss-short-haircut-lob-2019/As a supermodel, an entrepreneur, and a philanthropist, Karlie Kloss sets an outstanding example of being an independent and confident woman. Karlie was selected in the TIME 100 list in 2016 as the founder of Kode With Klossy. On top of that, she was chosen as one of the members in the Forbes 30 Under 30 Class of 2018 for her dedication to changing girls’ visions by teaching them how to program computers.

It is her great charisma and self-improvement that sets Karlie apart from others in the modeling industry. Instead of having just a pretty face, Karlie seizes every opportunity to learn new things. Therefore, she even terminated her contract with a prestigious fashion brand at the peak of her career so as to study Business Management and Programming in NYU. Despite the transition from a model to a student, one thing that never changes is the motivation that keeps her ambitiously pursuing her goals.

134611Kode With Klossy program provides girls opportunities to learn coding.https://flatironschool.com/blog/encouraging-more-women-to-learn-to-code/A few years later, Karlie’s great passion for coding has contributed to the “Kode With Klossy” program in 2015, which empowers girls to learn coding and technology. “I want to encourage more young women to get involved in coding, because it’s important for them to be able to help shape the future, and coding is the future,” Karlie said. Accordingly, the non-profit organization set up scholarships for girls aged 13 to 18 to take part in the two-week summer camp. And this has significantly boosted girls’ confidence and inspired them to chase their dreams in the field of coding.

In my eyes, Karlie truly illustrates the definition of an incredible woman: beautiful, intelligent, and generous. Without a doubt, her impact on young women is phenomenal. She taught me to take control of my own life and fearlessly take on challenges. The belief she has in feminism and the commitment she has made are what make Karlie Kloss my hero.

Karlie Kloss, Coding's Supermodel: The Forbes Cover Story - The Forbes 30 Under 30 Class of 2018
Karlie Kloss - Information about Karlie
Kode With Karlie - A nonprofit organization that creates learning experience in coding

Lovina Wazowski VOGUE.TW, Sun. 天使超模Karlie Kloss回歸! 當年自摘天使光環原來是因為…. [Online] Available https://www.vogue.com.tw/feature/celebritynews/content-26637.html.2017.