Kikuyu Day High School

MY HERO recently traveled to Nairobi, Kenya!
Teacher Phyllis Mbui, MY HERO Media Arts Educator Geeta Malik, and students at Kikuyu Day High School

Phyllis Mbui teaches at the Kikuyu Day High School in Nairobi. She has been using the MY HERO iEARN Learning Circle with her students. MY HERO Media Arts Educator Geeta Malik was honored to visit the school and meet Phyllis and her enthusiastic students!

Phyllis showed Geeta around the school grounds. Students had hung inspirational signs on the trees that line the path from the main gate into the school.

Phyllis, Geeta, and the students then went to the library to hear more about MY HERO, and to discuss heroes and heroism. Many students shared their own hopes and dreams, and talked about the importance of heroes as role models in their lives.

The students taught Geeta to say "Shujaa yako ni nani?" which means, "who is your hero?" in Swahili. Geeta asked each student about their heroes, and their answers are in the video below!

Click here to watch!