Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks

by Jessica from Mill Valley

I think a hero is a ordinary person who has done something to change the way people think about the world or is not afraid to go to jail for their beliefs.

Martin Luther King Jr. is a hero to me because some of my friends are African American and he helped prove that everyone is equal. If he hadn’t of done that then I wouldn’t have my friends. I have known one of my friends since I was three years old and friends are very important to me.

Rosa Parks is a hero to me because she showed me that it was ok to believe what I think even if everyone thinks something different. I am a better person because of this. She also helped other women and men believe in what they wanted. She also made a difference in women's lives because she is a women and stand up for what she thought was right and wasn’t afraid to go to jail.

Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks are alike because they were both fighting for freedom for African American people. Both were key figures in civil rights movement. Rosa Parks helped Martin Luther King Jr. get the idea for the bus boycotting. This also helped Martin Luther King Jr. prove everyone was equal. This was how both of them were key figures in the civil rights movement. Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks were courageous and were not afraid to go to jail for their beliefs and actions.

Martin Luther king Jr. and Rosa Parks keep working for freedom for African American people, and freedom of the African American people happened, so some day, if you work hard at what you want, it may come true.