Dr. Clifford R. Kreismer

by Carl from USA

Do you have someone who is special to you that you look up to? These people are called heroes and can be famous or even known by very few people. But, these people will always be special to you. My hero is Dr. Clifford R. Kreismer and he was born in 1928 and lived in Bellville, East Orange, and lives in Cedar Grove today.

Dr. Kreismer is my grandfather and he has gone through many things in his life. He was the youngest of three boys and when he was fourteen, his father died and his two brothers were in the army. He was the one who had to manage the household. He had to pay all the bills and balance his family’s budget. He had to work almost every day just to keep food on the table. He cared so much he would walk eight miles to Newark every week just to get 1 percent off of his coal bill for his heat. He is still this giving because whenever he takes my sisters or me out to dinner, he will always pay for us.

As he grew older, he became very successful in life. He earned his Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, and his Doctorate Degree which took him a total of nine and a half years to complete. With these degrees, he went on to become a history teacher and taught many students about history. After he was a teacher, he became an elementary school principal and stayed at one school for thirty-two years. He said, “My most significant contribution was assembling a library and media center that, because of all the pupils who benefited from it, is now called the Dr. Clifford R. Kreismer Learning Center.”

As my grandfather was working, he got married and had three children. They raised them and eventually adopted a twelve-year-old girl because she was being treated badly at her foster home. This makes my grandfather a hero to me because adopting a child is like saving a life. He raised these children very well and they have all made something good out of their lives.

Dr. Kreismer, my grandfather, is a hero to me and several other people. I think heroes are important to everyone. I am glad he is in my life.