Léonard

by Eva James from Caen in France

My Hero saved my life many times. He's my best friend and I know that I can tell him my problems because he will help me. Last year, I tried to commit suicide and he was there for me. He can find the words that help you feel better. He has helped so many people, even if he doesn't feel good, and he is nice with everybody. He is someone that everybody should look up to because his actions make people happy to be alive. When he is at home, he helps his sisters to do their homework, he helps his mother to clean their home, he helps his father to cook,... Sometimes he feels alone and depressed and I try to help him but it's complicated because I would never be able to speak with his words, say what could make him feel better as he does with me. Sometimes his actions help people: when we see someone who's poor in the street, he will not hesitate to give him his food or his money. He will not hesitate to climb a tree, even if he puts his life on the line, to save an animal who's stuck in it. He is caring, generous, trustworthy and other people matter more to him than himself. He is a strong person, full of love and hopeful. I'm proud of him: proud of what he does for others and what he does to change people in a positive way. His name is Leonard and for all his actions for greater good, he deserves to be considered a Hero.