Lucky Christman

by Lauren from center valley

What does the word hero mean to you? Let me tell you a story about a dog, who changed my life in a very special way. This may sound a little dumb having me talk about my dog. Anyway, my hero is my dog Lucky. Since I have had him, he has changed a lot. A very cute little puppy I could hold him in my hands to this really big dog that is taller than me. He has grown to be a lot rougher abut most of it is all in play. I know that I have gotten bigger, and stronger since I was little too, jusst like him.

Even thogh Lucky is not human, ha still thinks that hee is, and he needs to be the first one out of the garage. He is very strong and you have to be careful when we go for walks that he doesn't pull youover. He is still such a baby and loves to be brushedand petted. He is only 8 months old. He is very smart. We just got a dog fence to keep Lucky in the yard. My mom put out our Christmas Lights and moved some of the flags to train him not togo in the lights and not to knock anything over. She showed him once and he learned by just that one time not to into our flower bedsand pull the lights apart. He is my hero,he is so smart and loves me and I love him too.

Lucky is a big strong puppy, which is another quality of a hero. I felt very hurt when we were first trinning Lucky with this invisible fence. He got zapped a few times when we first took him aroud the yard to show him where the line was. He was still very happy to run around the yard and wasn't afraid of getting zapped again. This may sound a little cruel but it really doesn't hurt the dog, its like getting a shock. A shock is a lot better than getting run over by a car if he runs out of the yard.

My furry dog that wants to play all the time. It drives me insane AHH! This little pup has more energy than I do. He probably stops at a power plant when we are not home. Most people are scared by him (some people are scared of real strong heros too) he's just a big baby though. For a big dog, I can still put him to sleep by rubbing his tummy. So, as you can see I do have a hero, my dog Lucky.

So, as you can see I do have a hero, my dog Lucky. He does have some human qualities. Ask yourself do you have a hero? What's he/she like? Is he/she human? To sum it all up, my pup Lucky is my furry dog hero. He likes to play, he is very strong, and he is very friendly. He gives a lot of curage even to those he doesn't know. Lucky is just a happy, lovable, smart, bravedog, and that makes a perfect hero for me.