LaNan Pitts

by Marisa from Joplin

A hero to me is a normal person who does an extraordinary deed.

My hero is my own mother, LaNan Pitts. She is my hero because she has done everything under the sun for me. She is always there when I need someone, she is a shoulder to cry on, she provides me with the very best and after she has done her motherly duties, she is alwyas there to be a friend.

All of my life growing up, she supported me in everything that I wanted to do. I have gone through numerous events in my life, and she was there every step of the way. Through all of the greatness and failures, she has always been on my side, supporting me and loving me, no matter what.

She has shown me everything she has known so far about life. Besides being my own mother,she is also my best friend. I can talk to her about anything and not have her judge me. She helps me with all of my school projects and helps me train for numerous sporting events. She took me to my first, second and third concerts, which has all been a blast. She makes life so exciting and she also knows how to be in charge.

I sometimes take her for granted which now, I can look back and regret that I ever did and I truly want to apologize about many things, but we have to live in the future and know not to turn back, but only how to live on and learn from the past.

I remember the summer before 5th grade when I spent the longest time away from my parents, which was a week, but I had never been away that long from them before, but my mom made me feel alright because I had a letter from her each and every single day, saying how much she also missed me and loved me. I was so happy to be home with her, but that was also the summer that I had met my now, best friend, Ann Perry.

I remember through all of my serious injuries and illnesses in life she was always there helping me throughout every little thing. Like when I chipped my bone in soccer and she rushed me into the doctor and also when I tore all of ligaments in my ankle she had rushed me in again and told me that everything would be alright, because with her, everything would me alright.

She has been my Girl Scout leader, soccer coach, PTA Board member,Room Mother, and every other activity I was in, she was always a part of it.

She has four children to take care of and she treats us all equally and gives us all equal amount of time with her. she is always a every production, game or musical event we have ever had, devoting her all to that one moment in time. She runs everywhere for us and helps us with every little problem that we have, and gives us all he love and support that we nees, plus a little extra.

I have so much respect for my mother because she was the only person in her entire family to graduate from college and go out in the real world and get a job. She is also so awesome because she worked for the government for a their computer services. Also, while she was up in New Jersey she met Bon Jovi at a party and they are one of my absolute favorite bands, so I have that memory to share with her.

My grandmother, Charlene Riggs, my mother's mother, passed away on Januaty 27th, 2000. My mother was so heartbroken, that she didn't know ow to deal without her. it really tore me in two to see my mother so depressed for the longest time and it made me really think, would I be like when she passed away?

I love my mother so much and I don't know what I would do without her. And I would like to thank her for everything that she has done for me and also what all she has in store for me in life.