Your Fathers Voice: Letters for Emmy About Life with Jeremy--and Without Him After 9/11

By Lyz Glick

Publisher: St. Martins Griffin (August 11, 2005)
ISBN: 9780312319229
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.

This unflinching and emotionally powerful portrayal of Jeremy Glick's life and role as one of the passengers on United's flight 93, which crashed in Shanksville, Pa., on 9/11, takes the form of a series of letters to the Glicks' daughter, who was three months old when Jeremy died. Out of her grief, Lyz has produced this beautiful book memorializing her husband, who became a media hero for his role in the probable attack on the hijackers. She relates their precious last words when he called from the plane and describes the ways Jeremy's unique background prepared him well for that day's terrible challenges. Jeremy was a huge and powerful man (a judo champion, too), and a tender, caring father who deeply loved his high school sweetheart and their tiny daughter. With this book, Lyz Glick gives their daughter (and readers) an honest look at the daily trials she continues to face: unwelcome media attention, repeated political tributes and group meetings with the coroner. Lyz's epistolary account will comfort others dealing with loss; by book's end, it's clear she's begun the daunting task of moving on, but never forgetting. Photos. Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

User Reviews:
Robert Glick | 2/10/2016 9:42 AM
As the time goes by it gets a bit easier but some day's are always better than others. Since 9/11 the loss of family members only has reminded my family that we have to go on even though it's very hard. It's just my mother and I and we have to keep goi
Glj | 11/7/2014 4:13 PM
Lyz you are a survivor.
Ily

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews