Logic

by Marcus Williams from San Diego, California

126591Logic poses for an ad for awareness of suicide.ambrosiaforheads From leaving home at 17 and working 2 jobs to support himself, to now doing world tours and bring awareness to the epidemic of suicide Logic inspires us to speak up and live life to the fullest (Gale).Sir Robert bryson Hall also known as Logic is an up and coming Rapper from Gaithersburg, Maryland(Logic). Logic is biracial, meaning he is half black half white. His mother being white had racist tendencies and often mistreated him. This is just one of many of his experiences that inspire his music. A hero is someone who is able to  not only motivate themselves but those around them to be the best they can, a hero is some who is creative enough to change someone mentally and emotionally with just their words.All that Logic has gone through is what fuels his creativity and helps him motivate those around him to better themselves and that's why he’s is a hero. 

Logic's music and his stories of how he dealt with hard times motivates his friends, family and his fans.Even after leaving home at the young age of 17, getting two jobs to support himself, he still continued to write and practice his songs. ¨Logic was expelled from multiple schools, finally dropping out of high school. When he was 17 years old, he left home. He started working two jobs to support himself. He developed a dedicated work ethic, working long hours while also starting to write and practice songs¨(Logic) The author explains how Logic left home at a young age, so he had to grow up fast and get multiple jobs to support himself yet he still made time for his music. The reason this belongs in the motivation category is because he did what he had to to survive any other kid his age wouldn't have know what to do, yet he was persistent In this quote the author explains that money isn't the only thing on his mind he likes to know how his music affects others.He's about music, not money. "I don't give a s-it about first-week sales. Is the music good? Do people like it? Then cool. Dude, I make awesome music with awesome people and tour the world, which is incredible. I'm f--ing happy." (Gale).He doesn't care about the money he make he cares more about that people get the message in his songs or if his songs made them at least feel happy. Especially after coming out with his song 1(800)273-8255 he believed coming out with a song that could help people through tough times was worth more than the amount of money made from the album.Logic inspires others with his kindness and innovative music, and continues to inspire us with his creativity.

126593Logic performs his hit song 1(800)273-8255 with Alessia Cara and Khalid at the grammys. In the background suicide survivors stand, bringing awareness to the epidemic of suicide.Kirsten Chuba     Creativity goes beyond a good painting or song , creativity is being able to change how someone feels and thinks with that painting or song.While on the Ellen DeGeneres show Logic talks about the album Everybody witch features the song  1(800)273-8255. The song is a message for those with suicidal tendencies and those who have survived suicide; say that they should speak up, because they are not alone ( The Ellen Show), “I was scared to talk about this entire album because not just this song but everything I’ve said is the fight for equality of every man, woman and child regardless of race, religion, color, creed, and sexual orientation.” ( The Ellen Show).His entire album talks about his life, what he's gone through and seen. He raps about the injustice he has seen in the world and talks about equality of everyone no matter who they are.(Gale) Logic also talks refers to how his mother treated him and his siblings poorly due to them being biracial, this is yet another piece of his life that fuels his creativity.  Logic talks about the effects of music on him, how it serves as a sort for therapy for him and how it helps him through hard times (Def Jam Records)“...but music is his therapy. "It's almost like the instrumentals are a therapist. I get to be honest, I get to talk about who I am, where I come from. It's so somebody in my situation can understand it's not as bleak as it seems."(Gale). Music helped him through hard times so in a way he felt that if it could help him it could help others just like him. Through his creativity Logic defies logic and change people's perspective of various controversial subjects. (Def Jam Records)

Logic empowers those around him with his music and his stories of growing up in a broken home yet being able to reconnect with who he is even after everything he's gone through. Logic inspires not only me but all his fans to speak up for what what believe in, he tells us to speak our mind and that nobody can ever take away our opinion. Logic taught me that music can save people and even when you think you've hit rock bottom, there is only one way to go and that's up.Logic once said, “How can the sky be the limit when there are footprints on the moon” (Logic). Even when you think you've done the best you can you can always do better, if you've given it remember this: There are more numbers after 100 so keep going, just because something is good doesn't mean it can't get better.