Loish, the artist that motivates and inspires me

by Charlotte Rano from Angouleme in France

The Artist that motivates and inspires me 

The person I particularly admire and want to honor today is Lois Van Baarle, known by her nickname Loish online. She's a digital artist and animator based in Utrecht, the Netherlands, where she was born. She lived all over the world through her childhood and returned to the Netherlands in 2005 to study animation at the Utrecht School of Arts! She has worked as a freelance artist and animator since 2009, creating concept art and character designs for animations, games, and toys designs.

Lois has achieved a lot. She first reached 2 million followers on Instagram, proof of how her artwork is appreciated by many. She published two artbooks in which she opens up about her artistic journey and how she got the point she's at now, which art school she attended and why, art tips, and much more. She even opened an online shop in which it sells merch of her artwork! She also won awards such as The International Honor Society award in 2004, in which she was selected by the International School of Brussels, Belgium, as well as the HKU symposium and the HKU award winner in 2009 at the Utrecht School in the Netherlands. Her artwork is popular, regarded, and rewarded, proof of how talented she is! When bringing up digital art, she is an artist many look up to and get inspiration from!

I consider Lois a heroine as she helped me a lot when I was having a really hard time in my life. Looking at her artwork and the beautiful colors she uses in them genuinely helped me to cope with what is was facing and what I sometimes feel. Plus she draws people of all body types and colors, which makes people feel included, and it feels good to see that these beautiful differences can be used to make an art piece. Her artwork helped me and many others, keeping us inspired, motivated to pursue art if it's our goal, or even just making our day brighter with colorful drawings or new posts on her social media! I think that artists in general, whether they are musicians, painters, artists... should get more recognition for their work and the influence it has on people. Art can truly help people heal, embrace themselves, give them strength, happiness, and motivation to pursue their dreams.

Here's Lois's social media:

• her facebook: @loish.fans

• her instagram: @loisvb

• her twitter: @loishh

Thank you for taking some of you time to read my article about this gifted artist that is Loish! 

Loish's website - This is her website where she posts all her work and the work she did under commissions for her work.