Erving (Magic) Johnson

by Cody from Wheatfield

Magic Jonson is an all star at basketball. Erving Johnson, Jr., was born in August 14, 1959 and he liver in Lansing, Michigan. As a child he was called June Bug because he was chubby. Magic's parents worked in the automobile and construction industries they barley had enough money to support thier family. Magic really liked to play basketball. As he was little he would wake up before light he couldnt wait to play basketball, he also dribbled a basket ball everywhere he went.

As he got older people started to get interested in him playing basketball. When he played ball in school scouts came to see him play. After he graduated, he went to Michigan State. After his first year there he was offerd to play in the NBA he passed on that and played another year at Michigan State. After his second year he was offerd again and this time he took it. He was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers. After twelve years he retired. In 1991 he announced he had AIDS.