Michael Jordan

by Ben from Mt Gambier

Michael Jordan is the best basketballer ever many people would agree.

When Jordan joined Magic Johnson and Larry Bird on the 1992 U.S. Olympic Team, it was a dream come true...for all three and the rest of the basketball world. Chuck Daly, the coach of the 1992 U.S. Olympic team, tells the story of his time at the Olympics when he edged Jordan in a round of golf. Jordan was beside himself in defeat, demanding another round. Daly, a man who knows when to quit while ahead, declined and ambled off to his hotel. The knock on his door came at 4 a.m. "Chuck, it's Michael," Daly recalled hearing. "Let's go play." Nor can Jordan stand to be second in the game of one-upmanship. At the same Olympics, he was lounging at the hotel with two of sport's ultimate gamesmen, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, when Johnson allowed as to how he was thinking of unretiring and returning to the Lakers. "It's so easy [playing against] L.A. now," said a mockingly wistful Jordan, referring to the passage of the Showtime atmosphere when the Lakers under Johnson were formidable. "I think I'm going to start taking my two kids on road trips to L.A. But if you come back, out of respect to you, I'll only bring one."