Madonna Louise Ciccone

by Tina Dad from San Diego, California in United States

No matter who you are,

No matter what you did, 

No matter where you've come from,

You can always change,

Become a better version

Of Yourself.

-Madonna

125101Madonnnas Headshotnme.com Lights, camera, action. Loud cheering from the crowd, spotlight shining in the middle of the stage, and out comes the 80’s pop queen. Madonna, a Pop artist and charity contributor, is putting her work in helping kids from Africa and has big dreams and goals in creating a safe home for orphans in Malawi and most importantly giving education to them by working on building schools there. Madonna was born and raised in Bay city Michigan. She began her career as a Pop star in 1981. Madonna visited Malawi for the first time in 2006, the second trip she made back to Malawi, she “Raising Malawi” with Michael Berg. Her first visit to Malawi is what inspired her to start “Raising Malawi” She saw all the soon to be orphans and Kids who were already Orphans. Madonna has two biological children and also has four that she adopted. With fame comes fortune, some keep the fortune, a few use it for good causes, charities, and to help others. Since her first visit, Madonna made a commitment that she would give the children in Malawi, education, shelter, food, and a home. By displaying caring and ambitious qualities, Madonna is a hero because of her commitment to help the kids in Malawi gain education and end their poverty.

125109Madonna in Malawibraitbart.com Madonna shows her caring trait from the first time she visited Malawi and saw the suffering kids there, since her visit there all she’s done and still doing is making sure the kids there get the proper education they deserve. When Madonna first visited Malawi, she made a promise that she would do everything in her power to help those kids. “When you look into the eyes of children in need, wherever they may be, a human being wants to do anything and everything they can to help, and on my first visit to Malawi, I made a commitment that I would do just that" (“Madonna: Malawi hospital wing is a dream come true”). Malawi holds a special place in Madonna's heart because the first time she visited Malawi, she saw all the children who were soon going to become orphans and some who already were. She saw all the diseases that were going around that nobody wanted to talk about so she launched “Raising Malawi” to begin her journey and save lives. Madonna teamed up with Michael Berg and started “Raising Malawi” to support the kids in need of food, clothing, shelter, and education.  “ Madonna donated $6.5 million to her Ray of Light Foundation in 2013, the year of its most recent tax filing available to the public. And the foundation made $2.25 million in grants that year.”(“Charities”). From the beginning of her visit, Madonna has been using her fame and fortune to support the children who are suffering from the lack of education, food, and homes which is what inspired her to create the “Malawi Foundation”.  Madonna opened a hospital in Malawi named after her adopted daughter, Mercy James. It is important to her to help many kids and save many lives. When Madonna teamed up with Michael Berg, her goal from the beginning was to most importantly help them get their proper education.  She made a commitment from the beginning to do everything she could to help.

125116Malawi charitiesnytimes.com Madonna has ambition towards her foundation “Raising Malawi”. Her goal with this foundation is helping the orphans in Malawi dealing with extreme poverty. Madonna started off her foundation “Raising Malawi” with a goal to build schools in Malawi, give the kids education and tries to bring as many people as she can into this project. : “Madonna founded Raising Malawi in 2006 to address poverty and other hardships endured by orphans there.” (“Madonna visits hospital wing”). Madonna is sticking with her plan to build schools and give education to the young girls and boys. Her goal began by focusing on helping with poverty. Then, as she began to go further in her project, she brought and engaged more people into this foundation to create even bigger changes, such as building schools and finding them families and shelter. Madonna wanted to bring more people into this project to have more people see what is going on in Malawi and spread awareness to the world. “Madonna matches every dollar donated to Raising Malawi and is partnered with SocialVibe, the leading social media utility connecting people with brands, empowering them to engage with sponsors and share branded content with their social graph to benefit a cause of their choice.” (“Madonna, charity work & causes”). Madonna hopes that through working with Social Vibe, she can bring an end to suffering and starving children in Malawi. Through Social Vibe, Her goal is to connect with more people, brands, and empowering more people to join this program. She wants more people to be aware of the poverty and diseases going on in Malawi. Madonna is aware that most people don't know what's going on outside of this country, or where they live in general. Through social vibe she hopes to share and inform the world of what they are not aware of. She wants more people coming into this project because with more people she can dream bigger goals and build more schools and help more children.

125126Madonna with kidsc2w.comAs a caring and ambitious figure to the children in Malawi, she ultimately changed the lives of many for the better. Madonna made the children her priority and continues to do everything in her power to care for them and supply them with a more prosperous life. Since the beginning, she has used her fortune to support the children by starting over thirty charities to help build multiple schools and find homes for the orphans in Malawi. Once Madonna had her own kids, she felt responsible for the children in the world. Madonna started donating $6.5 million dollars to the “Ray Of Light” foundation that is a foundation to promote peace and equal rights. In her speech in 2016 at the billboards, Madonna said that women need to support each other. And has inspired many people by showing  them what is happening in places people don’t talk about. Madonna inspired me to be more compassionate towards others, to help people of all backgrounds and cultures, and to be more aware of what is going on in the world.To many people, Madonna may appear as just a pop artist, someone who appears on stage. While she possesses the life of a celebrity she uses her status to help those in need. Madonna has made a commitment to care and show love to the kids in Malawi, by building schools there, and making sure the children get the education they need to be who they dream to be. To this day, Madonna is motivated to ensure health, safety, and happiness to all of the children in Malawi. And for that she is my hero.

Charities find Madonna is their lucky star." Crain's Detroit Business, 26 Oct. 2015, p. S006. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A433045871/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=c1573066. Accessed 10 May 2018.

“Madonna: Charity Work & Causes.” Look to the Stars, 2006, www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/madonna.

"Madonna: 'Malawi Hospital Wing is a dream come true." World Entertainment News Network, 6 July 2017. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A497822325/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=a64d53a2. Accessed 12 May 2018.

"Madonna visits hospital wing her charity is paying to construct." UPI News Current, 11 July 2016. Biography In Context, https://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/A457572521/BIC?u=powa9245&sid=BIC&xid=b7e2e3f4. Accessed 10 May 2018.

Raising Malawi - Madonna created a website to talk about and post about her Malawi charities.
Malawi Hails Madonna at the opening of the new hospital - Madonna opens a hospital in Malawi to help hose with health conditions to cure them.
Education-Raising Malawi - This is a tab in "Raising Malawi" to describe the education and schools theyre building got the young children.