Malala

by Silvana Carnicero's students from Argentina

Malala Yousafzai was born on July 12, 1997 in the district of Swat, in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in northwest Pakistan, in a Muslim family.

119303MalalaNoneShe speaks Pashtun and English, and is known for her activism in favor of civil rights, especially the rights of women in the Swat valley, where the Taliban regime has banned girls from attending school.

At the age of 13, Yúsafzai gained notoriety by writing a blog for the BBC under the pseudonym Gul Makai, explaining his life under the regime of the Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan and his attempts to regain control of the valley, after the Military occupation will force them to leave for rural areas. The Taliban forced the closure of private schools and the education of girls was prohibited between 2003 and 2009

In 2013 Malala launched her book: I am "Malala". An autobiography written with the British journalist Cristina Lamp. In 2011, she was awarded the National Peace Prize 2011, Nomination International Prize for Children for Peace, first Pakistani girl nominated by the children rights group Kids Rights Foundation.2013, Simone de Beauvoir Prize, France (it is a prize to those who support the rights of women) 2013, Nomination to the Nobel Peace Prize, youngest person to be nominated. 2013, UNICEF Prize of Spain for its defense of the right of girls to education.2013, Tipperary International Peace Prize, Great Britain. 2013, Ambassador of Conscience Prize for Amnesty International2013, International Children's Prize for Peace, The Netherlands 2013, Catalonia International Prize, Spain. September 27, 2013, Clinton Global Citizen Award by the Clinton Foundation, United States. 2013, Peter Gomes Award from Harvard University. 2013, Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Conscience of the European Parliament

Why is she a person who inspires? 

Malala defended herself, defended her education and her fundamental rights when faced by a fearsome terrorist group. Malala has provoked a chain reaction throughout the world, has brought change, light and hope to young people from all continents.

Why is she considered a hero?
Because even then, at that time, she knew the situation in which she lived in her country, she had the courage to demonstrate and fight for 
women's rights in education and risked her life for that.