The MY HERO Project | Library

Marie Curie and Her Daughter Irene

By Rosalynd Pflaum

Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group, January 1993
ISBN: 0822549158
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
ANNOTATION
Presents the life stories of Marie Curie, dicoverer of radium, polonium, and natural radiation, and her daughter Irene Joliot-Curie, discoverer of artificial radiation.
User Reviews:
Meghan | 11/13/2009 5:28 AM
I love how you have recommended books beside the article, that was very smart of this person to do that. I also love how you had a picture of the person.

~ i thank my teacher Mrs.O'Hern for showing me this website. It was very nice of her to give me a list of resourses for Marie Sklodowska Curie
Lisa Rust | 2/28/2008 5:46 AM
I am currently reading Marie Curie's life story written by her daughter.  Both Marie's and Pierre's complete determination to push on with their research, often through exhaustion and hardship was incredible. Today, we owe them a debt of gratitute for their hard work and contribution to medical science.  Marie and Pierre would also be incredibly proud of their two daughters - especially Irene who followed in her mothers footsteps along with her husband Frederic Joliot.  Both grandchildren Helene, a nuclear physicist, and Pierre, a biologist are very successful individuals.  
are  

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews