todd mcfarlane

by george from commerce city

My hero consists of an experience in entertainment, sports and publishing. Todd McFarlane, the creator of Spawn, is a multi-faceted artist and businessman with a broad range of experience in entertainment, sports and publishing.

When the first Spawn comic was shipped in May 1992, it sold 1.7 million copies, making it the biggest-selling comic book to this day. Spawn has continued to be a top-selling comic in the USA and around the world. You could read Spawn in 16 languages and it also is sold in more than 120 countries. Several spin-off titles have evolved from Spawn, including Sam and Twitch and Hellspawn. Following the continued success of Spawn, Todd drew the attention of potential licensees, including toy companies, movie studios and television producers.

Todd seeing his own characters produced as toys appealed to him, and he pursued proposals only to be let go by each company's unwillingness to grant him creative control over all the toy productions. In the path of every company not giving him creative control Todd decided to form his own toy company. Now known as McFarlane Toys so he could be able to guarantee his fans a quality product that his fans could enjoy. Spawn action figures have become some of the most highly toys on the market.

Todd signed with New Line Cinema to make Spawn into a movie. New Line Cinema agreed to allow Todd the most control over the script and production. The live-action Spawn film opened August 1, 1997, at theaters nationwide. Spawn grabbed $37 million in the first 10 days of all around release. Todd McFarlane's Spawn animated series for HBO began its showing in May 1997 with six episodes. Another six original episodes were in May 1998. Todd McFarlane's Spawn Season 1 became HBO’s Home Video top-selling video of all time. McFarlane is a proud recipient of two awards: an Emmy and a Gold DiVi for the Spawn motion picture DVD. All three seasons of the animated series were created and helped ensnare a new group of fans into the dark world of Spawn.

Todd is my hero cuz of this guy above spawn that’s the ultimate person of all time and I thank Todd and his creative mind for coming up with Spawn. I first picked up Spawn when my cousin first started to collect the toy in 1998 a year after the movie came out. Even then I was playing the video games and reading the comics was all a part of the fun and still to this day Spawn is still McFarlane and mine number one hero of all time