Tracy Mcgrady

by Charlie from Provo

Dunking over one of the best western teams. (The Internet)

Tracy McGrady (also known as T-Mac) was born on May 24, 1979 in Bartow, Florida. He has become one of the best basketball players in the NBA. How? By becoming the most improved player, winning his second straight championship, and becoming the third basketball player in NBA history to claim multiple scoring titles. Tracy McGrady is my hero. He is my hero because he is not only a good basketball player, but he has also done many things to help out his family, friends, and the community.

Tracy McGrady has done a lot of things to help out his family. One of them is that he helped them with the housework. Also, he never argued with them. His family also helps him out, too, by believing in him and supporting him in whatever he likes to do. Without their influence in his life, he would not have been my hero. And also, without his NBA superstar cousin, Vince Carter, he wouldn’t have gotten where he is today.

Dunking over the nets old school style. (The Internet)

When Tracy or T-Mac was in high school, he had a basketball coach named Joe Hopkins. Joe Hopkins was a basketball coach at Mount Zion Christian Academy and played an important role in Tracy’s life and career. Joe taught Tracy to respect the players and the game of basketball. This is one of the reasons he’s my hero. He always shows respect to others. When he plays against a team in a game and the other team trash talks and calls him names or makes rude comments about him, the only thing he does is to ignore them and win the game. Soon they begin to be quiet.

The main reason why Tracy Mcgrady is my hero is when he was in high school, one of the coaches said that he would never make it to the NBA. He even said that he wouldn’t make it to college basketball. Tracy at that point didn’t know whether to believe in the coach or in himself. He thought about it and decided that he wouldn’t give up no matter what. He practiced and practiced, and went from high school straight into the NBA. He proved them wrong without trash talking or even arguing with the coach.

Now that I have told you all of the facts about Tracy Mcgrady, I hope that you, too, see him as a hero. He’s not only my hero, but also my role model. And I hope soon that I can enjoy the same things he does in life.