Michelle Obama

by Mya DeRochie from Canada

137640Michelle ObamaOfficial White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy [Public domain]

Michelle Obama once said, "Don't be afraid, be focused, be determined, be hopeful, be empowered." Miss Obama was an inspiration to many women around the world. She worked as an advocate for poverty awareness, education, nutrition, physical activity and healthy eating. She was also the first African American First Lady. In 2015, Mrs. Obama joined Mr. Obama to launch Let Girls Learn, to help adolescent girls around the world go to school and stay in school, to give them the education they deserved. in 2014, Mrs. Obama launched the Reach Higher initiative to inspire young people to take charge of their future by completing their education past high school. To ensure that all students understand what they need to complete their education by working to show students college and career opportunities. She is my hero because of how hardworking and determined she is. Even if people were against her, she still followed her dreams and learned to ignore those who didn't believe in her and taught her daughters the same.