Mom

by Angelli Ochoa from Tampico, Tamaulipas

Mother, you don't know how much I love you and I will love you. Of course, you must be able to imagine it very well because there is no person in this world who is capable of loving in such an immense way as you. I am trying, I assure you, but I am not able to express everything that comes to my heart when I think of you. You are a great woman, full of titles that you can not boast about, and so strong that you can with everything before something takes the happiness of those you love most.

When I was a child I thought you were a kind of superheroine, that was a long time ago... but today I am fully convinced that you are. Titled in love, at every moment you have taken care of my wounds in the knees and in the heart, healing with your kisses all my pain.

Mother, you were my babysitter, my nurse, my confessor, my teacher of life, my eternal companion... You have always known how to seal my sleeplessness and my worries. Someday you will tell me how you acquired that great skill, because being your daughter is a great privilege and I want my children to feel the same.