Mother

by Victoire Tande from Caen in France

First of all, I want to talk about someone really important to me. And I think I can consider this person a hero. My mum.

When I was young, I did not know anything about her fight for having me. She is the most courageous and reliable person that I know. 

My parents first adopted my elder brother from another country than mine. But then, later, only my mother went to Cambodia, wanting to adopt a girl. So she went to an orphanage where poor children live, abandoned by their families. When she saw them, she decided to spend a huge amount of money for this adoption place, which was mine, to help children who wanted to have an education (especially girls) and go to school. I admire her selflessness and kind heart and I am proud to say that she is my mother. She spent four full months in Cambodia having to get loads of agreements and do moves to convince France and Cambodia to let me leave the country and accept me in France. She went to a place where she fought for my adoption, every single day of these months. By the way, she had to make me leave the orphanage first, by making Cambodia let her become my mother. 

Moreover, I can barely imagine how she got through all this alone. Even though she had the support of higher people.

In conclusion, my mum represents the person that I will always be thankful to, and my heroine.