Mum

by Jaydan de Thierry from Auckland in New Zealand

My mum is my hero.

Literally.

Without her, I'd probably not exist. Or I would be starving. But she's here, guiding me through thick and thin, always loving me, never faltering. Yes we have arguments, yes we get angry at each other, but guess what? We put all that behind us, and we don't talk about it. Just yesterday we had an argument, but now I'm eating a plate of freshly baked cookies. She always helps me with school when I need, saving me more than once from overdue work, helping me bang on and do it, always there for me.                                                                                                                                                     
Sometimes I think she is strict, but she isn't. Well, I guess she is, but in a good way. She is teaching me always, helping me always, loving me. Always. When she is angry, she still loves me, when I'm angry at her, I know inside that I love her. We've laughed together, cried together... well, she cried, and it's mostly when we watch Disney movies, so...

My Mum is my hero. Always there for me. Always.

Happy Mother's Day, Mum. Enjoy it. You're my hero.

I wrote this because I was told the website, and it looks fun. I also wrote this for my mum as her Mother's Day gift, because I hadn't done anything for her previously, and I was worrying about what I was going to do. 
Happy Mother's Day!