Press_Release

THE MY HERO PROJECT AWARDED 2023 SCRIPPS FAMILY IMPACT FUND AWARD FOR MEDIA AND JOURNALISM

by The MY HERO Project from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

152817The MY HERO ProjectMY HERO

CONTACT:                                                                                                                                            FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]

SEPTEMBER 13, 2023 – LAGUNA BEACH, CA - The MY HERO Project is proud to announce a generous grant from the Scripps Family Impact Fund. The $536,000 grant will support The MY HERO International Film Festival and Media Art Education Program with an emphasis on youth reporters. The grant honors MY HERO’s 28 years of work in support of youth and the sharing of positive media. 

Jeanne Meyers, Co-founder and Director of MY HERO was thrilled for the organization to receive this grant. “This grant brings much needed support to MY HERO’s mission to use media, art and technology to celebrate the best of humanity. We have seen the powerful ripples that come from giving youth a voice and a safe place to share their inspiring stories.”  

The theme of this year’s Scripps Family Impact Fund Grant is journalism. With support from Scripps Family Impact Fund, The MY HERO Media Arts Education program will produce a short documentary film and a Youth Reporter Workbook over the next 2 years to encourage middle and high school students to research and create short documentaries to honor the heroes creating positive change in their community and around the world. 

The grant will also support MY HERO’s International Film Festival’s 20th Anniversary celebration with an emphasis on youth reporters. Since 2005 The MY HERO International Film Festival has been bringing together professional filmmakers, emerging artists, and students, whose inspiring short films remind us that we all have the potential to overcome great obstacles to achieve our dreams.  All winning short films are available online for screening in classrooms and homes to provide much needed hope and inspiration to a global learning community.

Learn more about the Scripps Family Impact Fund  

Learn more about The MY HERO International Film Festival

Learn more about MY HERO’s Media Arts Education Program