Press_Release

MY HERO Film Festival Awards - Dec. 4th, 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Wendy Milette

Director of Media

[email protected]

949-376-5964 

MY HERO FILM FESTIVAL VIRTUAL AWARDS CEREMONY 12/4

NOVEMBER 1, 2021 - The MY HERO Project is proud to announce its 2021 International Film Festival on December 4th, highlighting short films that celebrate artists and activists who have made an impact in our global and digital environment. 

The following awards are part of the special selection of the MY HERO International Film Festival, celebrating outstanding youth reporting, immersive storytelling, peace activism, and more! Special selection winners receive cash prizes to support their filmmaking journey.

The WOJ Youth Reporter Award is presented by Tract in honor of its co-founder Esther Wojcicki, an outstanding media arts educator, author and reporter. The winners will be selected by Tract and Esther Wojcicki, and the Award comes with $1050 of prizes to be shared among the winners.

Kathy Eldon of Creative Visions Foundation, established the Dan Eldon Activist Award to honor the life and creative spirit of this passionate activist, artist, and photojournalist. Kathy presents the award and $500 prize to the filmmaker who best uses media to effect positive change.

The MY HERO Film Festival is honored to annually bestow the Ron Kovic Peace Prize by accomplished author, painter, and activist Ron Kovic himself. The director of the short film that most effectively addresses the issue of world peace will receive a $1000 prize. 

The Foundation for the Contemporary Family presents the Relationships First Award, honoring short films that depict in innovative ways the powerful and poignant connections in any type of contemporary family relationship. The filmmaker who best displays the importance of family will earn a $1500 prize.

Eva Haller established the Eva Haller Women Transforming Media Award to support women who are creating positive change in the world. She has mentored generations of women, and her continued support for emerging filmmakers will honor this year's winners with $2500 in prizes

The MY HERO Project annually recognizes media makers whose stories make a powerful impact. This year we honor the remarkable work of The Goldman Environmental Prize, celebrating ordinary people doing extraordinary things to help the environment, who will accept the award at the December ceremony.

The MY HERO Project is proud to honor Frances Moore Lappé and her daughter, Anna Blythe Lappé with the 2021 Global Educator Award, which honors people working to create meaningful change in the world through education. This Award will be presented at the Awards Ceremony.

The 17th Annual MY HERO Film Festival Virtual Awards Ceremony December 4

Join us on Saturday, December 4th to honor winners of the 2021 International Film Festival with awards and prizes in this family-friendly virtual event!

10 am for a screening clips from select 1st place winners 

2 pm for the Annual Awards Ceremony featuring clips from top winners

--

The MY HERO International Film Festival is part of The MY HERO Project, a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to sharing stories of heroes from all parts of the world. MY HERO's award-winning website (myhero.com) hosts the world's largest archive of hero-themed stories, music, art, and short films.