Press_Release

Join MY HERO @ KINGSTON TRIO @ GREEK THEATER in LA -8/17 - 8 /18th

by MY HERO Media from LAGUNA BEACH, CA

169049Kingston TrioMY HERCONTACT:                                                                                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JEANNE MEYERS     
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
[email protected]

MY HERO TO JOIN KINGSTON TRIO AUGUST 17TH and AUGUST 18th @ GREEK THEATER in LA

JULY 29, 2024 – LAGUNA BEACH, CA – Join us for A Celebration of Folk Music at LA’s Greek Theater. The legendary Kingston Trio, a Grammy Award-winning group that has been performing for 67 years, has invited The MY HERO Project and other nonprofits to promote our work at an uplifting evening of music and fun under the stars. 

The event on August 17th.  along with the Kingston Trio, includes: The Limelighters, Cynthia Sayers, Joyride and Dan Hicks’ band The Hot Licks. 

The event on August 18th along with the Kingston Trio includes:  Cynthia Sayer & Joyride, The Limelighters and The John Stewart Band

The doors open at 5:30 and the music will continue until about 10pm. Be sure to stop by MY HERO's table to say hello, and enter our free drawing to win a rechargeable, solar-powered lamp by Unite to Light, a nonprofit that provides low-cost solar light and power to people without electricity across the globe.

Tickets to the event are available through the Kingston Trio website or through Ticketmaster.

We look forward to seeing you at this unforgettable gathering under the stars.

ABOUT THE KINGSTON TRIO:

Formed in 1956, The Kingston Trio was one of the most prominent groups of the era’s pop-folk boom. Their commercial success was credited with helping to spark the folk movement (a.k.a. “American Folk Revival”) of the late ‘50s and early ‘60s and they are cited as an influence by Bob Dylan, Crosby, Stills & Nash, The Eagles, Steve Martin, Mumford & Sons and The Avett Brothers. 

The following non-profit organizations will be at the event thanks to the Kingston Trio

About The MY HERO Project

MY HERO uses the power of media, art and technology to foster creativity, diversity, equity and inclusion. Since 1995, hundreds of millions of students and lifelong learners have discovered and shared inspiring stories, art, music, and short films that honor real-life heroes around the world. MY HERO’s free multimedia and educational resources are used in classrooms around the world, empowering youth to realize their own potential and create positive change.

ABOUT HONOR FLIGHTS

Honor Flight Southland is a nonprofit volunteer organization with a mission to safely transport America’s veterans of World War 2, Korea and Vietnam, who reside in the Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties, to Washington DC, at no charge to them,  to visit and celebrate at the Memorials built in their honor. (honorflightsouthland.org)

ABOUT LA FOOD BANK

The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank has been mobilizing resources to fight hunger in Los Angeles County for over 50 years. The Food Bank energizes the community to support hunger relief, especially through volunteerism. It also conducts nutrition education campaigns and advocates for public policies that enhance nutrition security. (LAFoodBank.org)

ABOUT MUSIC CARES

Founded by the Recording Academy in 1989, MusiCares is a safety net supporting the health and welfare of the music community by offering preventive, emergency, and recovery programs through direct financial grant programs, networks of support resources, and tailored crisis relief efforts. (musicares.org)

ABOUT PARKINSON’S FOUNDATION

Parkinson’s Foundation California makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD) by improving care and advancing research towards a cure. (parkinson.org/california)

oooo