MY HERO Stories

Welcome to our archive of stories! Hope you will enjoy some of our favorites...

Stories by MY HERO Staff

Ryan Coogler

By: Shannon Luders-Manuel

Ryan Coogler is a screenwriter, producer and film director best known for his 2018 film Black Panther.

;

Ron Kovic

By: Betty Bailey and Jeanne Meyers

Ron Kovic is best selling author, activist and artist whose story was immortalized in the movie Born on the Fourth of July.

;

Kathy Eldon Interviewed by Wendy Jewell

By: Wendy Jewell

Kathy Eldon founded Creative Visions after her son, Dan Eldon, was killed while on assignment for Reuters in Somalia.

;

Activist Mohamed Sidibay - Education for All

By: Betty Bailey
Global education activist and former child soldier Mohamed Sidibay has dedicated his life to education for all.
;

Alyse Nelson

By: Xenia Shin
Alyse Nelson is the President/CEO and co-founder of Vital Voices Global Partnership.
;

Bernard Fantus

By: Rebecca Miller
Bernard Fantus, the Father of the American Blood Bank.
;

Stories by Professional Writers

Tommie Hamaluba

By: Claudia Herrera Hudson
Tommie Hamaluba is a teacher in Botswana, Africa, working to eradicate malaria.
;

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

By: John Lewis

Martin Luther King Jr. inspired Congressman John Lewis as a young man during the Civil Rights Movement.

;

Matthew Henson

By: Claudia Herrera Hudson
Matthew Henson was a brave African-American Arctic explorer, and the co-discoverer of the North Pole.
;

Dr. Shirley McGreal

By: Julian Siminski
Dr. Shirley McGreal founded the International Primate Protection League.
;

Art Miles Mural Project

By: Kevin Metz<br> <i>Hero Magazine</i> Staff Writer
Art Miles Mural Project uses art to create a more peaceful global community.
;

Caine Monroy

By: David Kelly
Caine Monroy created a cardboard arcade and launched a movement.
;

Stories by Students

Queen Elizabeth II

By: Sara

An elementary school student shares information about her hero, Queen Elizabeth II.

;

Simone Campbell

By: Brooke Sirek

Simone Campbell is a Catholic Sister who participated in the "Nuns on the Bus" tour to fight for public health access.

;

Kyung Yoon Kang

By: Claire Huang
Kyung Yoon Kang is a reporter who exposes criminal activity among male celebrities.
;

Joanne Zanidean

By: Leila Zanidean

"My mother was my hero as a child, is my hero currently, and will always be my greatest hero."

;

Alan Turing

By: Andrew Pu
Alan Turing was a cryptanalyst whose decoding of Nazi messages helped end World War II.
;

Walt Disney

By: Zach Meagher

Walt Disney was an animator and entrepreneur known for revolutionizing children's cartoons.

;

Story Organizer pages by elementary, high school, college and professional writers.

Elementary and Middle School Stories

;

High School Stories

;

College Stories

;

Professional Stories from MY HERO

;

Our MY HERO T-Shirt Prize Organizer shares the stories that stand out for being especially memorable in celebrating the Best of Humanity.

TShirt Prize Winners

2016 to 2017 School Year

The MY HERO staff reviews every story submitted to the site and selects stories that are not only well-written, but also speak to the heart of both the writer and the reader. Stories selected for T-SHIRT prizes might be chosen to feature as well.

We would love to hear YOUR story. Create a STORY account and tell the world about your hero!

•Your submission must be your own, original work! MY HERO's mission is to celebrate the best of humanity.

•MY HERO will not knowingly exhibit any work that has been plagiarized or reproduced from another website or from any other source.

•MY HERO will not exhibit any content that promotes hatred, violence, racism, sexism, or prejudice of any kind.

•All work published by MY HERO must be appropriate for all age viewers, including students and children.

Organizer created on 7/8/2017 12:08:30 PM by Becky Miller

Last edited 7/28/2019 3:06:18 AM by Shannon Luders-Manuel