My Mom

by Kaydince K from USA

"Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride." "Being raised by a single mother, I learned to appreciate and value independent women." "Being a single parent is not a life full of struggles, but a journey for the strong." ~ unknown 

My hero is my mom because she is strong, independent, and faithful. My mom works two jobs, and raises five kids on her own because my dad can't be here at the moment. My mom has managed to stay strong and healthy for all of us kids and for the rest of our family. She manages to keep her smile on her face even when she feels down and upset. She suffers from many health problems and still is able to get through the day without having breakdowns and without losing herself. Overall, my mom is my hero because she is always positive and always has something kind to say about someone even if she has no respect for them, and even though times get hard, she still has time to talk to all of us kids individually if we need her. I thank her for giving me the life I have, because without her I wouldn't be where I am now.