Press_Release

GLOBAL EDUCATION NETWORK EUROPE HONORS MY HERO PROJECT FOR HELPING FACILITATE POSITIVE CHANGE

128798GENEGENECONTACT: JEANNE MEYERS                                                               FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jeanne Meyers
Co-founder/Director
The MY HERO Project
949-376-5964
[email protected]

NOVEMBER 6, 2018 - LAGUNA BEACH, CA - The MY HERO Project is honored to be among those acknowledged by the Global Education Innovation Award 2018. The award, by Global Education Network Europe (GENE), offers recognition to ongoing educational initiatives that facilitate transformative learning.  

GENE The ultimate goal of GENE is to inspire public policy through the sharing of ideas. GENE gathers together ministries, agencies and others who help form national policy and encourages them to combine their knowledge and expertise through structured networking, strategy sharing, and peer-to-peer learning. MY HERO is one of 20 initiatives that will be recognized in the GENE Brochure of Innovative Practice.

"Since launching the MY HERO web site, we have been committed to sharing our free resources at educational conferences around the world," said Jeanne Meyers, Co-founder and Director of The MY HERO Project. "We have witnessed the powerful ripples that have come from giving those who face the great challenges of our time a space and tools to share their hero stories."​

GENE promotes global education initiatives that help facilitate this change. The Global Education Innovation Award was designed to recognize the importance of innovation in global education and the projects that create positive change and "open peoples’ eyes and minds to the realities of the world, locally and globally.”