Ernest Hemingway

by David

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime. "

For my hero I chose Ernest Hemingway.

Hemingway has written many classic books, including "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "The Old Man and the Sea", and "A Moveable Feast". He also drove and ambulance for the Red Cross during World War I.

Ernest Hemingway was born in Oak Park, Illinois, in 1899. During his life he lived in various places across the world such as Paris, Cuba, different cities throughout America, and in Italy during World War I. He died in 1961.

Hemingway showed great courage by volunteering for the Red Cross during World War I, and becoming an ambulance driver in Italy, risking his life to rescue sick and wounded soldiers and get them to areas where they could recieve the proper medical attention. He later helped distribute food to citizens and soldiers in damaged, war-torn areas of Italy during the war.

Hemingway is important to me simply becuase I love his style of writing and the books he has written. I am interested in writing, and his works have encouraged me to continue writing and improve my skills to become a better writer.