ABOUT

VIDEO RESOURCES FOR NARRATIVE FILMMAKING

Your Narrative is Your Super Power- Brandy Robinson

The Late Maya Angelou said, “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” This is true. Everyone has a story which deserves to be told. The power of the personal narrative can transform an individual’s perspective, their outlook and rid the person of unnecessary baggage.

TED Talk - James Cameron Before Avatar...a curious boy

James Cameron's big-budget (and even bigger-grossing) films create an unreal world all their own. In this personal talk, he reveals his childhood fascination with the fantastic -- from reading science fiction to deep-sea diving -- and how it ultimately drove the success of his blockbuster hits "Aliens," "The Terminator," "Titanic" and "Avatar."  

TED Talk The Power of Personal Narrative | J. Christian Jensen

Narrative is one of the most powerfully motivating human forces. Filmmaker J. Christian Jensen reveals how the same emotional forces that thrust us forward in a good film can propel us to do remarkable things. Illustrated by scenes from his Oscar nominated documentary, White Earth, Jensen tells how to construct your own personal narrative to accomplish things no one else can.