Neil Armstrong

by Arthur Leboeuf from Houplin Ancoisne in France

For me, heroes are people who have helped me grow, give me examples. But it is also a person who has the knowledge, skills and who is courageous and has strength.                       

133400picture of Neil ArmstrongWikipediaNeil Armstrong was born on August 5th 1930 in Wapakoneta, in Ohio, in America. He died on August 25th 2012. He was 82 years old. After his death, Obama paid tribute to his life. Neil Armstrong was the most ambitious person we can imagine in the US. Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon in 1969 during the Apollo 11 mission. To go to the moon, he had study a lot. He succeeded in fulfilling his dream. On landing on the moon, he declared:"This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind". Neil Armstrong was bravest, the most courageous, adventurous and intelligent in the US. I selected Neil Armstrong because for me he is an icon. I admire him for his achievements. He gives me the taste for adventure. He shows that we can achieve our dreams.