Noa Thurston

by Madison Waters from Burley, ID

Most of you guys may not know Noa Thurston, or may not think she is a hero, but truly she is. Noa has had a pretty rough life with her parents fighting all the time and her mom having cancer. With all this happening, she was getting stressed out. She could not figure out what to do and she started getting upset. She would take her anger out on her family and her friends. Her friends did not really know what was going on and thought that Noa hated them, and that caused even more stress for Noa. Soon she and her friends got into many arguments and could not take it anymore and stopped being friends. She had an easy time finding new friends because she was so nice to everyone and always cared for people. She and I became super close friends, and before I was friends with her, I only had guy friends. She made my stress level go way down and made me so much more positive. Noa always makes everyone’s day better. She is always laughing no matter what. She is always trying her hardest in school and in all three sports she plays. She always stays positive and is good at everything she does. Noa has made a couple mistakes in her life, but those were just learning lessons, and they really helped her become stronger and wiser. She shows me every day how to be an amazing friend and example to everyone. I’m so glad she’s in my life and has helped me through a lot.