Sylvia Earle

Learn more about Sylvia Earle, a legendary oceanographer, marine biologist, activist and author.

Credit: Mission Blue - Kip Evans

Teachers: Visit the free MY HERO Lesson Plan for Sylvia Earle. Includes discussion guide and learning outcomes.

Watch Films about Sylvia Earle

Sylvia Earle is known as "Her Deepness" and is a profound leader in the movement for Ocean Conservation! Enjoy these tribute videos that include an original song, student made videos and professional.

My Blue Heart

Produced by:MY HERO
Whitney Winefordner and Larsen McCarroll perform original song in honor of Sylvia Earle.

A Tribute to Sylvia Earle

Producer: One World One Ocean

A tribute to oceanographer Sylvia Earle from One World One Ocean.

Our Oceans Narrated by Sylvia Earle

Producer: Jo Priest
A film about the importance of protecting the blue heart of our planet; our oceans.

The View Through My Mask

Produced by:Richard Morris
Experience the Ocean through the mask of Dr. Sylvia Earle

Stories

This hero essay on Sylvia Earle by Sofia Garcia won a t-shirt prize. Submit your own hero story through our Create program!

Sylvia Earle, Oceanographer

By: Sofia Garcia
Sylvia Earle is a noted marine biographer and explorer.

Sylvia Earle

By: Edward Ortiz

Earle is a tireless advocate for marine conservation and for fostering public awareness of the perils to ocean ecosystems caused by overfishing and pollution. [This story is also available in Spanish and French.]

Sylvia Earle

By: Daniel from San Diego
Sylvia Earle shows us the ocean's fate can be controlled, whether we make the decision to stop abusing its waters and let the ocean make a recovery.

Artwork Celebrating Sylvia Earle and Ocean Conservation

Sylvia Earle

By: Ben Macedo

Ben Macedo for Art Miles Mural Project,  a My Hero partner, paints a tribute to Sylvia Earle for the HERO MILE

Know Your Seafood- Sustainable fish choices

By: One World One Ocean

Sustainable seafood choices in a poster published by One World One Ocean to foster Sylvia Earle's ocean conservation goals

The Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award

The Sylvia Earle Ocean Conservation Award - Sponsored by MacGillivray Freeman's One World One Ocean
Credit: SCUBAZOO.TV

Inspired by Sylvia Earle? Learn about a New Hero Every Day of the Year with the MY HERO Calendar!

Find all previous winners of the Sylvia Earle Award here.

Sylvia Earle Ocean Award 2024
My Hero Calendar - 365 Days of Heroes revised
Credit: MH

Related Pages

World Oceans Day Teacher Lesson Plan

By: Laura Nietzer
World Oceans Day, June 8th, is a way to celebrate our world's shared oceans and our personal connection to the sea, as well as raise awarness about the crucial role the ocean plays in our lives and the important ways people can help protect it.

Links

Organizer created on 8/31/2017 12:31:55 PM by Xenia Shin

Last edited 8/30/2023 1:47:46 PM by Abigail Richardson