Phil Hartman

by Bjorn from Champlin

I chose Phil Hartman because he is one of the funniest people I knew. I actually never met him but it would have been cool if I did. I would bend down and kiss his feet. It would be really cool. I love it when he's on the old reruns of Saturday Night Live. I want to buy the movie, The Best of Phil Hartman. He was soooooooo funny and I want to be able to make people laugh so hard that they wet themselves:) I think it's a piece of junk that his crazy wife had to go and take her pills and kill both of them. He would have had a great career if he didn't die.

Phil Hartman was a guy who did a lot of good things in his lifetime. Phillip Edward Hartman was born in Brentmon, Ontario on September 24th 1948. In 1979 he had his first breakthrough in the comedy buisness when he became a part of the show Groundings. His carrer then skyrocketed. He became a member of Saturday Night Live in 1986 and was in countless numbers of shows and commercials (1800 of them when he starred as Max Jerome for Collect calls). Just when everything was going good for Phil, he had a sucessful career, a wife and two kids(Sean and Birgen), it all ended. Phil Hartman died of a gunshot to the head on the morning of May 28th 1998 which was inflicted by his wife. His whole life and future went down the crapper.

Phil Hartman's life doesn't really impact me a whole lot. He was a really good guy and he will always be someone I admire and will strive to be like. I like to make jokes too and he was really good at that. He could always make people laugh. I can also learn that life is short and can be taken away or changed dramatically at any time. I also can learn to be grounded and realistic if anything good happens to me because Phil Hartman once said, "I think I'm kind of in the middle of show biz. Everybody knows who I am but I'm not really a big star." This is Bjorn Olson, signing off. God bless and goodnight