My Parents

by Diana from Tasikmalaya, West Java in Indonesia

My family
My family

Who doesn't have hero? A hero is the person who we love, respect, and find important in our lives. Heroes have a special place in our hearts. Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Grandmother, and everybody can be called hero. Certainly everyone has a hero, and so do I.

My father and my mother are the heroes in my life. They are very nice and love their children. They are fair and wise when facing anything. They treat everyone in the same way, rich people or poor people, black skins or white ones. My father and my mother always give the best for their family.

Dad is 60 years old now. He was born in Tasikmalaya in 1944. Mom is 56 years old now. She was born in Bandung in 1948. Her birthday is the same as the birthday of Bandung. Although they are not young anymore, Mom and Dad are very understanding and know my brothers and I are young people. In fact, I have had them as my heroes for a long time.

Mom and Dad still live with me in Tasikmalaya, a little city in the province of West Java, part of Indonesia. We live in nice house, not a very big house, but very comfortable. We live in harmony and are very happy.

A long time ago, Dad was a great motorcyle racer. He often won motorcycle races. He also likes motorcycles, so he has run a motorcycle repair shop for 32 years.This repair shop specializes in Honda motorcycles. Thirty-two years isn't a short time, is it? Dad runs the repair shop with some employees. The relationship between Dad and his employees is very good, so this repair shop can be operated well. Dad also has a good relationship with his customers. He always works very seriously and very well. Many customers are very please with his work. Everyday, Mom also helps in the repair shop, not as a mechanic of course, but a cashier. Mom always creates a good relationship with the customers, too. Mom and Dad always work hard every day. The result of their hard work helps us have a prosperous life, lack nothing.

I made my father and my mother my heroes because of their good characteristics. Their service to me is great, more than anything. Mom was pregnant with me until I was born. They take care of me and help me grow up full of love so I can be how I am this day. They always make good role models for my brothers and I. I admire them very much, and am proud to be their daughter and make them my heroes in my life.

When I was a little girl, I wanted to become like Mom and Dad. I wanted to be smart, clever, fair, wise, and have a good sense of humor like Dad. I also wanted to have good knowledge, elegance and motherly sense, become a great cooker and have a tall body like Mom. And now, I already have several of their characteristics. I am very pleased because some of my wishes have already come true.

Mom and Dad always give us advice, which can be used in our life. They teach us to be kind and not arrogant, and always have a good attitude, tell the truth and become a good person. They also remind us of the benefit and profit of learning, so we may not be lazy. They help us realize that family is a very important thing that we have in the world. Thanks to their advice, my brothers and I can become better people day by day. Our bad attitude and behavior can decrease. Thank you for everything, Mom and Dad—MY HEROES!!!!