Dorothea Thompson-White

by Triyonnah from Wyandanch

My hero is Ms. Dorothea Thompson-White. She is somebody that I really enjoy being around. And she really shows that she cares about other people. Ms.White is the motherly type and she will push you to stay focused. She will try to help with any problem you have.

Ms. White didn't always want to become a teacher. Her first job was at a clothing store named JC Penny's. "No. I didn't always want to be a teacher. I was introduced to teaching by my older sister. I began teaching second grade in Brooklyn and i loved it. Hence, I proceeded to pursue a Masters Degree Education. Ms. White attended SUNY College at Old Westbury, C.W. Post, and Touro College. "I enjoyed the freedom of being able to select the courses and times which i wanted to attend class, my undergrad major was Labor Studies and my graduate major was Special Education."